We will be administering 3 types of Flu Vaccine for the 2015 season:
Please note that the production of FluMist is behind schedule by the manufacturer. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its availability when you come for your appointment.
- FluMist for ages 2 years and older (see below for criteria for FluMist)
- Flu shot for ages 3 years and older
- Flu shot for infants and children from 6 months to under 3 years of age
All of our Flu vaccines are preservative-free.
FluMist is a live-virus vaccine that may be administered to children:
- 2 years of age or older
- Who do not have asthma (has not used an inhaler or nebulizer in the past 12 months), diabetes, chronic heart disease, immune deficiency, chronic lung disease, neurological disease.
- Who will not be around anyone who is immunocompromised for 7 days following vaccination
- Who have not received MMR or chicken pox vaccine within 4 weeks of the FluMist
- Who have not been on oral steroids within 4 weeks of the FluMist